Päiväys ja aika
10:30 - 12:00
Helsinki Business Hub, Business Finland, and Energy Wise Cities project warmly welcome you to join our webinar to hear about experiences, learnings and opportunities for virtual power plants in public buildings.
Finnish cities have ambitious goals for carbon neutrality. To achieve these goals, new solutions are needed to develop energy-efficient buildings and operating models. One of the solutions is virtual power plants, meaning the demand response of electricity.
Developing energy-wise buildings opens new business opportunities. In this webinar, you will hear how cities in Finland have acted as urban testbeds for companies developing and piloting new solutions for the growing energy market. These solutions provide cities and private real estate owners opportunities to optimize energy efficiency and save costs.
Innovation in Finland is also supported by strong ecosystems such as Smart Otaniemi, which brings companies, cities, research units, and universities together to collaborate.
This webinar introduces the virtual power plant pilot results from the perspectives of both the companies and the cities. Join the webinar to hear the results and discuss demand response, virtual power plants, and future opportunities!
Fill in the form via this link and register by 7 December, 2020.
- Welcome words (Ms. Sonja Malin, Helsinki Business Hub and Ms. Sari Toivonen, Business Finland)
- Introduction to Energy Wise Cities project (Mr. Timo Määttä, City of Helsinki)
- Demand response pilots by city of Helsinki (Mr. Kalevi Härkönen, City of Helsinki and Mr. Ville Julin, Nuuka Solutions Ltd.)
- Virtual power plant of Lappeenranta city (Mr. Markku Mäki-Hokkonen, City of Lappeenranta and Mr. Veikka Pirhonen, VIBECO (subsidiary of Siemens))
- Possibilities of electricity demand response – Case Smart Otaniemi (Mr. Kalevi Piira, VTT)
Sonja Malin, Senior Business Advisor
Helsinki Business Hub
tel. +358 40 017 5636